Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Distressed T

Recyclers-Anonymous fabulous idea we wanted to share with you ... this project may be an original or borrowed idea.

I came to this idea because I wanted to make a tie-dye shirt with some yellow dye I had purchased at the store. I didn't let it dye for long enough so it came out distressed looking, and I thought it still looked really cool. Also this season all kinds of T-shirts are in season, and this is an easy way to make a recycled one that is cheap. 

Materials:
T-shirt ( I used a mens undershirt, which we usually have around our house because my brothers grow out of them)
A box of Dye
Twisty Ties










First thing that you do is to mix up the dye, and to do that you just needs to read the directions on the box.



 This is what my yellow dye looked liked when I mixed it up.

Then you use the twisty ties to tie around the shirt in all different areas. When I tied on the twisty ties there was no rhyme or reason, I just tied them on wherever i felt.
 
Then you dip the shirt in the yellow dye. 


And mix it around with a spoon, for a minute or so. I did not do my shirt for very long because I wanted a pale yellow.







Then you take the shirt out and rinse it, the box will tell the instructions of what to do though.

Then you take off the twisty ties, and see your end result. I washed and dried my shirt, and then it was ready to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,